Wednesday, November 28, 2012

From Paper to Reality...

Here's the printed pattern pieces ready to be cut from the muslim.  You've heard of the saying "try it before you buy it" right? It's sooo true! I wanted to be sure I could pull this off before spending a bunch of money on really beautiful fabric. 


Even though when I put the corset on the mannequin it looked like it was going to fit perfectly, I wasn't totally convinced.  At first I just put in three eyelets on each side but it didn't lace up well, so I added a couple more.  Then I was convinced!  Time to go buy some fabric!!!

I can't tell you how difficult it was to find an awl here in Florence.  I think part of the problem was using the right word, but I swear even then it was tough. It takes determination to succeed at living abroad for sure.


In the hopes of keeping dog hair and dirt off of the dress I blocked the doorway entering our office and keep the door to the garden closed... I think they are both suffering from separation anxiety LOL! 


No comments: